Bookings, press features and sponsors generally require one thing to move forward…a press kit. More commonly referred to as an E.P.K., an electronic press kit is a musician’s resume for landing gigs. It contains all the information needed to determine one’s level of profession.
Don’t let an opportunity slip by without heaving a ready-to-go E.P.K. upon request.
Here are five highly effective ways to use your press kit:
Below is a simple 3-step process for completing your E.P.K.:
1. PLAN & PREP (1-2 Days)
Gather info and inventory (assets) to prepare press kit:
– DESCRIPTION: genre and sounds like
– MUSIC: audio & video urls, mp3s/wavs, artwork
– NUMBERS: streaming, social & sales
– CONTACTS & WEB: management, booking, publicist, website, social media
– DISCOGRAPHY: titles, year, singles, collaborations/producers
– LIVE SHOWS: city, venue, headlining acts, flyers, performance photos/footage
– PRESS LINKS: urls and/or images of media placements, awards, etc.
– BIOGRAPHY PREP: outline including most recent promotion; list of accomplishments; musical history; personal story; long term objectives.
– SCHEDULE PHOTO SHOOT: D-I-Y or hiring a pro – schedule the time and location. Aim for at least one high-quality print version photo.
2. CONTENT (2 Weeks)
Finalize and organize your content into folders on your computer, hard drive or Google Drive.
– BIOGRAPHY: short and long versions. Allow 2 weeks for writing and proofing.
– PHOTOS: Hi-res print-quality shots; web versions (smaller); horizontal and vertical shots if available. Allow 2 weeks for selection & edits.
– INFO: contacts, social media, web
– Q&A: If you don’t have press links, a Q&A interview can fill the void.
– ONE SHEET: A one sheet is a great way to present your most important info quickly in one place
3. PRESENTATION (1 day)
There are several ways to present a press kit electronically:
– ELECTRONIC FILE FOLDER: Dropbox, Google Drive
– EMAIL: organized sections of information with headers
– DOCUMENT: PDF, graphic image, Microsoft Word
– WEB HOSTED: artist website, press kit hosting site, FloridaMusicBlog.com 😉
Once you’ve collected and organized the content, update your social media pages and website to match your E.P.K..
Let us help for LESS:
We love working with independent musicians and have years of experience creating press kit content – plus, we know exactly what industry pros are looking for.
NOW THROUGH NOVEMBER 16TH:
We’re offering special to boost your first impression.
$150 E.P.K. until supplies last*:
AFTER PAYMENT YOU’LL BE DIRECTED TO SCHEDULE A SESSION
*Assets from step one listed above will be requested. EPK includes 250 word biography. Photography not included. Updates not included. Non-Florida artists E.P.K.s will be presented in PDF format and link hosted via artist’s Dropbox or MailChimp (we’ll set it up, no problem!).
Questions? Alternative payments? Email email@example.com – Subject: EPK
Suggested Browsing: How to Book Career-Building Shows